If you have some time to spare, and want a healthier dinner option, this is the recipe for you. This recipe is effortless, all you have to do is mix the ingredients together, and fry until it is ready to eat. Tofu contains a lot of protein and fibre that is essential to your diet, and adding savory pork and onions really elevate the dish.
Two of this patties is already very filling, so you can keep some uncooked patties in the freezer if you choose to not eat it all.
- 1-2 blocks of firm tofu
- 1 onion, peeled and diced
- 250 grams of ground pork
- 1 raw egg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- White pepper to taste
- Constarch/Tapioca Starch as needed
- Mash together 1-2 blocks of tofu, with diced onion, ground pork, an egg, 1/2 tsp salt and lots of white pepper.
- You can add cornstarch to the mixture to help shape the patty
- Shape the patties one by one and lay them out in a single layer on a baking pan
- Take a non-stick pan and heat up cooking oil. Pan fry each patty on both sides until the pork has changed color to a greyish white.
- If you're using an air fryer, lift up the pork patties and put them in the air fruer for 15 minutes at 180 degrees Celsius.
- If you're not using an air fryer, keep frying the pork patties on the pan until they are golden brown.
- Serve while hot and eat with a side salad.
Recipe derived from Fine Vlogs on YouTube